As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Your feet deserve lots of attention regarding the footwear you choose to wear, so many considerations to ensure you pick the right wears for comfortability. One of the factors you will need to consider is the issue of Gout. A medical condition that can be painful and usually affects your joints, especially in the toe and the foot.
Table of Best Shoes for Gout Sufferers
The wrong choice of footwear can escalate this medical condition if you have one or contribute to eventually having one. That is why you need to choose the best shoes for gout to help prevent the disease or relieve the medical condition.
Natural Remedies for Gout
Gout always based on what you are eating the most. Many people find that eating beans and lentils all the time may be beneficial for their health. However, these foods, as well as the red meat, have lots of proteins inside that cannot be digested by the thin intestine and stomach. This is where gout is based.
So, the natural remedies for gout include several beverages with herbs that are lowering the protein load of foods and reduce the inflammatory sequences that occur during the flush of the disease.
Not to mention that the same herbs can be used in forming ointments and creams that can be applied directly on the joints and give you feelings of relief anytime your feet hurt due to the gout problems.
What Food to Avoid With Gout
Some of the foods to avoid when suffering from gout are the following:
- Red meat meaning beef, pork as well as processed meats like salami and ham.
- Extra oily foods that contain lots of saturated fats, like French fries, flair up the gout disease.
- High gluten products, especially white bread, can also worsen the symptoms of the disease.
These are the foods that you should avoid at any cost when suffering and being diagnosed with gout disease.
What Should You Eat for Gout?
When you are suffering from gout, the best thing, you should eat poultry and fish. These two types of food are giving you much more energy than others without spiralling up the symptoms of the gout disease.
Not to mention that you should always consume fresh fruit and vegetables, especially the green ones that have fewer proteins than others. This food group can reassure you that there is no way you can suffer from painful gout symptoms anymore.
Benefits of Best Gout Shoes
The best gout shoes are giving you more room for your ankle joint. This kind of footwear includes a higher upper and tongue to cover the foot arches but leave more magnificent room for the ankle joint. When pressure not exerted there, you remain pain-free from gout.
On the other side, these shoes can also have more sophisticated cushioning on the heel and forefoot areas so that you can comfortably wear the shoes for longer periods throughout the day.
Best Shoes for Gout
1. ASICS Men’s Gel-Venture 6 Shoes for Gout
One of the top shoes out there suitable for gout is the ASICS GEL-Venture 6. It made to fit rugged terrain with reverse lugs that can offer downhill and uphill traction on any kind of terrain. There is a high abrasion rubber placed strategically on areas of the outsole to make it very durable.
Its shock-absorbing Rearfoot GEL cushioning makes the Venture 6 one of the top shoes for gout sufferers. The Rearfoot GEL system reduces shock felt in the impact phase at the same time, enabling a smoother transition. The cushioning provides comfort, which is highly desirable for people affected by gout with additional features like removable sock liner, adding extra dimension to the shoe functionality.
Furthermore, the ability to remove sock liner allows the shoe to accommodate medical orthotic for people that uses them. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about that aspect when it comes to Venture 6.
- The shoe features a removable sock liner.
- Accommodate medical orthotics.
- They designed with a trail-specific outsole.
- It helps reduce shock impact.
- The Venture 6 sizing can be confusing.
- It could crumble under intense use.
- Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Removable Sockliner: A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Trail Specific Outsole: Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
- AHAR Outsole: Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
2. Crocs Classic Clog – Best Shoes for Gout Sufferers
One of the top shoes for gouty arthritis to feature on our list of high shoes for gout is the Crocs Classic Clog. It was dubbed the warm-weather shoe because of its well-ventilated build. The upper, which ventilated and the traction outsole, qualifies this Crocs as a perfect wet-dry shoe fit for outdoors as well as indoors.
The shoe trademark closed-cell resin known as Croslite is the highlight of the shoe feature. The material allows the Classic Clog to provide adequate comfort for the wearer with the gout condition. At the same time providing superior grip and making the shoe soft and lightweight. Additionally, it is odour-resistant. The footwear can serve both casual and professional situations such as worksite, hiking, gardening, boating, etc.
Furthermore, it made to fit with the pivoting heel strap at the back, reeling your feet in. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about the shoe slipping off.
- Easy to clean.
- They designed for both genders.
- Suitable for almost every occasion.
- They made to fit correctly.
- The insole has tiny spikes that can irritate sensitive feet.
- The sizing can be a bit of a problem.
- Crocs For Women And Men: The Crocs Classic Clogs Are Not Only The Most Comfortable Shoes For Women And Men But Also Easy To Clean Just Using Soap And Water And Allowing For A Quick Dry.
- Lightweight And Fun: The Crocs For Men And Women Feature Lightweight Iconic Crocs Comfort. Ventilation Ports Add Breathability And Help Shed Water And Debris Quickly.
- What Size Should I Buy?: These Men'S And Women'S Crocs Offer A Roomy Fit And We Recommend Ordering A Size Down To The Next Largest Whole Size.
- Designed To Fit: These Slip-On Clogs Are Easy To Take On And Off, While Being Extremely Durable. These Crocs Even Offer Pivoting Heel Straps For A More Secure Fit.
3. OOFOS Unisex OOriginal Sport – Gout Shoes
Among the best shoes for gout sufferers is the OOFOS OOriginal Sport. Built upon the company patented OOfoam technology. The technology helps reduce shock impact by 37 percent more than the conventional shoe foam. This, in turn, helps lessen the effect of stress on your joints, especially your feet. The shoe designed in such a way that all unnecessary layers removed, and you left with just the OOfoam serving as the layer between the ground and your feet. The OOfoam technology helps speed up recovery and provides comfort to the wearer.
Additionally, the shoe design features an OO graphics inscribed boldly on the side and lower part of the footwear with a two-tone upper. The OOriginal Sport footbed also offers better arch support along with impact absorption inner, which contributes to superior comfortability for people affected by gout.
- Fit for both gender.
- Superior shock absorber.
- Reduce impact by 37% more than ordinary foam.
- The shoe is machine washable.
- The colour peels off after a short while.
- It is not suitable for those with sweaty feet.
- OOfoam Recovery Technology absorbs 37% more impact than traditional footwear foam, giving your feet the break they need.
- Our patented footbed will cradle your arches to reduce stress on sore feet, ankles, knees, and lower back.
- Designed to allow natural motion and relief.
- Keeping things easy, OOFOS are machine washable.
4. New Balance Women’s 680v6 – Best Running Shoes for Gout
The mixture of performance and comfortability highly reflected in the New Balance 680v6 running shoe. Equipped with a performance-oriented outsole, the 680v6 is easily one of the best running shoes for gout out there in the market. In addition to that, it comes with a mesh upper that offers a comfortable and adaptable fit for your feet.
It will fit in with your medical orthotics quite well. Additionally, its rubber sole provides durability, and it utilizes a no-sew material application as well as engineered mesh. The shoe also features the NB Response 2.0 performance insert along with other exciting features such as adjustable bungee closure.
They boast of the ABZORB midsole capable of reducing impact via compression resistance and cushioning. The shoe is also available in three main combinations of colours, such as Black with Team Red, Marblehead with Vision Blue, and Marine Blue with Lemon Slush and Black.
- Provide support for flat footers.
- The shoes are lightweight.
- It comes in different varieties of colour.
- Comfortable to wear.
- The arch support is not that great.
- Cushioned Running Shoes: An ABZORB midsole absorbs impact through a combination of cushioning and compression resistance, while ACTEVA midsole cushioning delivers versatile, flexible support
- Great Fit with Lots of Comfort: The engineered mesh upper on these running shoes features no-sew construction for a sleek fit and feel, while the molded sockliner hugs the foot for extra comfort
- Performance Running Shoes: Lightweight injection-molded EVA foam provides lightweight cushioning underfoot, and the rubber outsole provides a solid, durable base for leisurely jogs or intense runs
- Versatile and Comfortable Running Shoes: With a high-quality construction loaded with comfort and support, these running shoes keep you covered for runs at any degree of intensity
5. Birkenstock Milano Unisex – Best Sandals for Gout
Birkenstock is known for its great sandals, and this is no different. The Milano leather sandal is great shoes for gouty arthritis and sesamoiditis as it comes equipped with contoured footbed. This helps lessens the pain, stress, and inflammation that affect your feet. The design allows your feet to take in a bit of fresh air and move freely around. It is comfortable as the shoe footbed allows even distribution of your body weight over the whole foot while offering the best support.
The sandal is made from 100 percent leather and features an adjustable ankle strap as well as a dual-strap vamp. The lining material made from suede, which gives your feet a luxurious feeling. In addition to that, the upper is durable as it made of leather. The outer sole made up of EVA rubber outer sole for superior grip.
- Fit for both gender.
- Ankle strap for extra support.
- Soft footbed makes it comfortable to wear.
- Dual-strap vamp makes it easy to lift.
- Sizing can be confusing.
- You might need to wear with sock until the leather soften.
- Classic Birkenstock sandal featuring original dual-strap vamp and adjustable ankle strap with antiqued logo buckles
- Contoured cork footbed
6. Propet Women’s Travelactiv – Best Sneaker for Gout
In choosing shoes, you need to be careful enough to choose those that can make your feet happy. The Propet Travelactiv sneaker is one of those shoes. It is among one of the best running shoes for gout with so many features included. The shoe extra- cushioning EVA insole is designed to provide great comfort to the wearer. At the same time, the lightweight EVA outsole is manufactured with high-quality material to provide much-needed traction and durability.
It features removable footbeds that allow you to fit in customized orthotics into the footwear. In addition to that, the shoe has the 3M Scotchgard feature that renders it resistant to water and stain. Furthermore, the shoe also features engineered mesh and a rubber sole.
- The shoe is lightweight.
- It offers good traction.
- The shoe offers comfortability.
- There is arch support.
- The shoe doesn’t have a removable insole.
- It might not be wide enough for people with wide feet.
- Lace-up sneaker featuring lightweight flexible outsole and removable footbed
- Style: Travelactiv
- Outer_material: Synthetic
- Closure_type: Lace Up
7. Brooks Men’s Addiction 13 – Best Gout Running Shoes
The Brooks Addiction 13 helps you cover great stride in them, going mile after mile in pure comfort that the plush cushioning offers. Designed to be an improvement on its predecessor the Addition 12, the Addition 13 has not disappointed with its improved stability. It also has an upper made of breathable mesh and synthetic overlays for structural support. It also features a buttery smooth fabric lining that gives your feet an amazing in-shoe feeling. The cushioning is long-lasting, as well as making use of the BioMoGo DNA midsole. Furthermore, the midsole material is eco-friendly and decompose faster.
To cheek overpronation, the extended progressive diagonal Rollbar® used. It also offers smooth transitions all through your walk routine. For soft landing, it has the heel segmented crash pad.
- The shoe is right for running.
- It gives lots of toe room.
- It provides improved stability.
- HPR Plus feature for high durability.
- Sizing is a big deal.
8. Birkenstock Arizona Unisex – Best Sandals for Gout Sufferers
Another Birkenstock sandal to feature on the list. Just like the Milano sandal, Arizona also designed to enable your feet to take in some air as well as free movement of your feet within the sandal. The contoured footbed enables the even distribution of the body weight over the whole foot, too, at the same time providing good support. The footbed designed in a way to lessen the inflammation, stress, and pain you feel in your feet.
However, unlike Milano, Arizona does not have an ankle strap, but it is also made from leather and has a dual-strap vamp as well.
In addition to that, the upper is durable as it made of leather. It also has an EVA rubber outsole for proper grip and traction during transitions. This makes it top footwear for people suffering from conditions like gout.
- The soft footbed makes it comfortable.
- Fit for both gender.
- It offers support for wide feet as well.
- Available in over 20 colour varieties.
- There is no ankle strap.
- cork sole
- Comfort sandals with adjustable buckles
- Medium width
9. Skechers Shape-Ups XT – Best Walking Shoes for Gout
The Shape-ups XT designed for optimum comfort with air cool memory foam insole providing the ultimate cushioning. The shoe made of leather upper combined with synthetic overlays and mesh fabric sides as well as collar panels to cool the feet. There is a bold S logo on the side on the sneakers and the lace-up sporting the athletic casual walking sneaker design. The shoes also have a padded collar and tongue as well as soft fabric shoe lining.
Its shock-absorbing feature is also top-notch as it equipped with a midsole meant for shock absorption. There is a solid polyurethane frame to provide support for the feet of the wearer along with a sculpted rubber rocker outsole.
- Soft foam midsole for better shock absorption.
- They designed to provide a cooling effect to the feet.
- Better durability.
- Comfortable to wear.
- The arch support is not that great.
10. Orthofeet Women’s Shoes for Gout Sufferers
Often one of the recommended shoes for women, the Orthofeet Sneakers, is quite comfortable with excellent arch support. It provides high protection from pressure points as well as non-binding upper to the feet relaxed feelings. Provide improved stability and mobility; the ortho feet sneakers have a top-notch orthotic insole and cushioning soles.
Banking on its biomechanical experience, the company designed the shoe to provide comfort for people with various feet medical conditions among them gout. They are providing relief for conditions like hammertoes, gout, and bunions through extra depth design and soft upper with deep, wide toe box. The shoe has three width options to choose which are the extra-wide, wide, and medium width. This way, you can select the most comfortable width for various exercises or activities you embark upon.
- Ergonomic sole design help lessen the impact on the heels and reduce pain.
- The shoe has anatomical arch support.
- Feature a cushioning heel seat.
- The insoles are removable.
- It is a bit heavy.
- Sizing can be confusing.
- Women's orthopedic sneakers featuring stretchable and breathable fabric for enhanced mobility and ventilation.
- Anatomic arch-support and heel cushioning offer a cloud-like walking experience, perfect for everyday comfort.
- Orthofeet shoes have unmatched cushioning and benefit 20+ conditions including foot and heel pain, plantar fasciitis, diabetes, arthritis, bunions, achilles tendonitis, hammer toes, and more.
- Includes premium orthotic insole and arch booster in every shoe for a customized pressure-free fit with innovative comfort, arch support, and advanced pain relief.
People that have the gout medical condition ought to be diligent and careful with their choice of footwear. Just any type of shoe won’t do, they have to be sure that they are going for the best shoes for gout. Additionally, shoes with a flat inner should be avoided as it can result in swelling.
This could prevent people from embracing open shoes. Nevertheless, the innovative design of shoes nowadays means conditions like this can easily be countered with the right type of shoes. The key is getting it right after careful consideration of many factors, features, designs, and your budget as well.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.